Portugal's River of Gold on Viking Hemming
Lisbon to Porto
Discover one of Europe's most pristine destinations, Portugal. Explore Lisbon, then see unspoiled vistas, stop at ports of call largely unchanged for centuries and sample the local cuisine and port wines on your Douro River cruise.
Experience the renaissance of Lisbon, newly invigorated with trending galleries and restaurants. Explore two of Iberia’s oldest university towns: Coimbra,...
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal's Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
Veranda Suites have two full rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. Enjoy the indoor-outdoor Aquavit Terrace at the bow of the ship, or relax on the Sun Deck. These ships, which also have a swimming pool, solar panels and an organic herb garden, were named to honor prominent members of the Norse pantheon. Each ship carries 106 guests in comfortable, understated elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 40-inch flat-panel TVs with an infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more.
- 53 comfortable outside staterooms (11 Veranda Suites, 23 Veranda Staterooms, 3 French Balcony Staterooms, 16 Standard Staterooms)
- The Veranda Suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views, a shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area; swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship
- Observation lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry servicev
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Since its first sailings along Russia’s waterways nearly 20 years ago, Viking® has reinvented river cruising. Today, Viking invites guests to sample the rich cultures and fine wines and cuisine along Europe’s great rivers—all aboard the continent’s most comfortable, state-of-the-art ships—and the storied rivers of China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. The innovative Viking Longships® are the most award-winning vessels on Europe ...